The following are some general guidelines for care before and after radio-frequency assisted Lipoplasty:
Pre Treatment Care For Radio-Frequency Assisted Lipoplasty
- Your doctor may require a complete medical history including a recent physical (within 1 year), a blood test to check your cholesterol, kidney and liver functions and a pregnancy test.
- Do Not drink any cold liquids within 2 hours of the procedure.
- Eliminate alcohol consumption three days before your treatment.
- It may be necessary to trim hair between 1 & 2 mm at treatment site to avoid static shock.
- You will be asked to remove all jewelry before the treatment.
Post Treatment Care For Radio-Frequency Assisted Lipoplasty
- Begin drinking a portion of your daily 32- 64 ounces of water immediately following the treatment. (Only drink room temperature water within the first 2 hours after your treatment.)
- By the end of the treatment day, you must participate in light cardiovascular exercise (walk, cycling, etc.) for 30 – 60 minutes.
- To obtain the best results possible, you will need to perform light cardiovascular exercise a minimum of 3 days per week for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Don’t eat or drink any cold foods and beverages for 2 hours before or after the procedure.
- Don’t take a cold shower or swim in cold water for 2 hours before or after the procedure.
- No weight lifting or strength training for 48 hours after the treatment. Cardiovascular exercise only.
- Eliminating alcohol consumption during the course of your treatments is highly recommended in order to provide optimal results.
- No tanning for 24 hours after your procedure.
- A healthy eating program is recommended (Suggestions Below)
- Have an eating plan rich in fiber.
- Eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day.
- Drink 64 ounces of water throughout the day. (If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding fresh lime juice or lemon juice to your water.)
- Enjoy your food, but eat smaller portions at each meal (Instead of eating off a dinner plate, serve your meals on a salad plate).
- Eat 4 to 6 small meals per day to increase metabolism.